Featured Post

SOME THINGS I LEARNED THIS WEEK

I learned that when you write, do not waste the reader's time by explaining something in too much, unnecessary detail, so that something...

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Wikipedia's Sonnet by Lauren Scherer

Wikipedia exists to tell me
Useless things like how to make grape ice cream.
I don't want to know about a map's key.
What even is a naval base called Ream?

Why should I know about New Zealand's Alps?
I don't need to know about Persian limes.  
What are pseudoscorpions' pedipalps?
Must I know about the hollow called Kimes?

Why do silkworms like white mulberry leaves?
Why must I know how to use some Chapstick?
Who even is a Carney called Reeves?
Really? Which neurons fire while I lick?

I can never find the info that I need
It has so much useless info, I bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment