Featured Post

SOME THINGS I LEARNED THIS WEEK

I learned that when you write, do not waste the reader's time by explaining something in too much, unnecessary detail, so that something...

Friday, June 29, 2018

Taxi by Kelly Park, Lauren Scherer, and Siggy Cassuto

Characters:
Alex (the reckless one)
Sam (the cautious one)
Avery (the maniac taxi driver)

Avery: [sitting in the driver’s seat]

Alex: [Waving down taxi]

Sam; [yelling] Hey! We need a taxi! Someone!

Avery: Hop on! Business hasn’t been good for me in the past few days!

Sam and Alex: [gets on the taxi]

Avery: [starts driving]

Sam: Are you sure we’re going under the spee-

Alex: [interrupting and screaming] We’re heading towards a cliff!

Sam and Alex: [screaming]

Alex: Stop! STOP!

Avery: [does a sharp turn] Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention.

Sam [takes a deep breath] Okay, maybe we should get off.

Alex: No, it’s fine. Let’s give him another chance.

Sam: Bu-

Alex: [interrupting] We want to go to the movies.

Avery: Yes, of course. [Does another sharp turn]

Sam: [almost falls over]

Alex: [snickers under his breath]

Sam: [very mad expression] Are you doing this on purpose?

Avery: What? Of course not!

Sam: [suspiciously] Okay…

Avery: Well, the voice in my head says I’m not doing it on purpose.

Sam: Alex, I really think we shou-

Alex: [interrupting and screaming] We’re gonna crash into that wall!

Sam and Alex: [screaming]

Avery: [the taxi inches away from the wall] Oh, the taxi ran out of gas.

Sam: You can stay here and die if you want to, but I’m getting outta here!

Sam: [runs out]

Alex: Uh, yeah, I think we should go.

Avery: But what about my payment?

Sam: [comes back in frame and yells at Avery] Payment? You’re talking about payment when you almost got us killed? I am most definitely not giving you payment! [walks away]

Alex: Sorry, but I gotta go. [also walks away]

All: The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment